The New Year is fast approaching. Resolutions are not required, but a fresh perspective is always welcome. Here are five books that will offer new ideas and perhaps a bit of peace and motivation.
1. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo $10.19 | For someone you know who would just love to break the cycle of decluttering and ahem, re-cluttering. I just started reading it a couple nights ago. Lord, may it stick.
2. Lesson from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L. Scott $13.68 | A breezy read that includes advice on creating a capsule closet, and generally supports a quality over quantity lifestyle.
3. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp $10.91 | ‘How,’ Ann wondered, ‘do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama, and daily duties? This is a real thing. A shared thing. Who doesn’t need a little encouragement in this area? What a lovely way to start 2016.
4. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling $15 | Kick off the new year with a few laughs and a reminder that even stars at the height of their careers share the same human struggles and fears– no one has it all figured out, but we’re trying!
5. Secret Garden Adult Coloring Book by Johanna Basford $9.57 | What better way to clear the slate than to clear your mind. There must be something to it because these adult coloring books are cropping up all over the place. Don’t forget the markers!