1. Manhattan Toy Bird House $20.99 | This is one of my favorite toy brands. When Zoe was an itty bitty she received a very similar dog house set that has since been retired, but I’m really feeling this bird house! Zoe and Ari loved filling and emptying the house over and over and these plush little animals are safely sized for teething.
2. Christmas Board Book $4.27 | Both of our babes have enjoyed this brightly colored book featuring big color pops of holiday decor. It’s built tough and ready to be dragged around the tree a few dozen times.
3. Freshly Picked Moccasins $60 | They come in so many colors, work for baby boys and girls, and are the best of the best for leather moccs. Zoe and Ari each have a pair and I love that they are super comfy and match nearly any outfit. And for some reason they work for a stretch of 3+ sizes. Zoe’s size 8s still fit so well even though she’s grown to a size 10. Worth the investment!
4. Jellycat Puppy $22.50 | This guy is just calling out for all the snuggles. A good bet for a go-to bed buddy or a friendly addition to an awesome stuffed animal collection. He’s on Ari’s list!
5. Mushroom Rattles $12.95 | Well they’re just so darn cute, right? Ari has always been partial to toys that make noise when shaken… and possibly a bit disappointed when he shakes and gets silence. Adorable, noisy rattles for the win!
6. HABA Horse Swing $135.55 | Isn’t this just terrific? You can’t beat an indoor swing…unless it is shaped like a horse. Giddy up, babies!
7. Little People Nativity Set $33.99 | What a great way to start telling the Christmas story to your little babe. Little People (and animals) have a been a big hit with both of my kiddos, so I give an enthusiastic thumbs up to this seasonal set.
8. Pom Pom Stripe Hat $16.95 | Because Santa.
9. Radio Flyer Push Wagon $69.99 | Learning to walk is definitely going to happen and this wagon has two hugely awesome features to make it safe for baby and the furniture– a resist feature and a bumper. Plus Radio Flyer is classic, high quality and super cute. Get that camera ready!
Let me introduce you to GWB’s second Guest Gifter, Erica Goldschmitt. I asked Erica to put together a Baby Shower Basket because I am simply enamored with her too sweet for words collection of baby items in her online shop, Sew EMG. I wanted her to recommend a way to incorporate her handmade, heirloom quality gifts into a themed presentation for a lucky mama-to-be. She decided to go with a gender neutral basket with a Jungle Safari theme. You may remember her handiwork on GWB this past Easter. Well, I won’t keep you waiting any longer– check out what this Southern creative curated just for you!
I love the idea of keeping baby things as gender neutral as possible- even when they know what they are having…as cute as bows and ruffles are you don’t always want to get thirty pink outfits and matching bows and vice-versa for boys at your shower. Whenever I give gifts I try to always think of how it will be used years later and make sure it would be something that can be passed down to younger siblings.
- Safari Jungle Gift Basket by Sew EMG for $30 (use later as a diaper caddy!)
- Hello I’m New Here Onesie by Egg-a-go-go $19
- Aqua Patchwork Bib by Sew EMG $15 (Bow optional)
- Plush Elephant by Pottery Barn Kids $19 (I’m as southern as they come, so if you can stick a monogram on it, that’s even better!)
- Aqua Burp Cloth Set by Sew EMG $14 (Because if you’re going to be cleaning spit up- make it as cute as possible! Am I right??!)
- Art Print by Sarah Jane Studios ~$16 (sold out, others here…this shop great prints for both boys and girl! They have amazing fabric and even better customer service- I have a few prints of hers in my home now!)
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed Board Book $3.78 (I am huge sucker for children’s books- this was one of my favorites growing up too!)
All recommended gifts including the basket total less than $117!
Get social with Erica and Sew EMG
Instagram :: Facebook :: Pintrest
Citrus Lane caters to the age of the recipient, making this gift
perfect for baby shower or for a toddler on her birthday.
For 40% off your first box click here and use code TAKE40
Note: Citrus Lane provided quite a delightful afternoon for my lively 3 year old, Zoe, this past weekend. We opened the box on the back porch and she dove right in. As you can see from the pictures, she played with the Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet playset, made hand prints and drawings with Eco Kids Non-Toxic Natural Finger Paint, ate a snack size pouch of organic chocolate cookies by My Super Foods and listened along to book on CD while flipping through the lovely illustrations of If You’re Happy and you Know It by Anna McQuinn. After doing a little research I can happily confirm that I paid about a quarter of the price of these items when packaged together in a Citrus Lane box– and not a single item went unused by our young tester. I’d call that a win.
So how does this work as a gift? You can buy a subscription for the lucky kiddo or baby for 3, 6 or 12 months. Then, once the recipient (parent) gets the gift notice, she can enter the code into the “Redeem A Gift” section of the website. Citrus Lane will ask for the child’s birth date to ensure age appropriate picks. Don’t forget: for 40% off your first box click here and use code TAKE40 at check out.