1. Manhattan Toy Bird House $20.99 | This is one of my favorite toy brands. When Zoe was an itty bitty she received a very similar dog house set that has since been retired, but I’m really feeling this bird house! Zoe and Ari loved filling and emptying the house over and over and these plush little animals are safely sized for teething.
2. Christmas Board Book $4.27 | Both of our babes have enjoyed this brightly colored book featuring big color pops of holiday decor. It’s built tough and ready to be dragged around the tree a few dozen times.
3. Freshly Picked Moccasins $60 | They come in so many colors, work for baby boys and girls, and are the best of the best for leather moccs. Zoe and Ari each have a pair and I love that they are super comfy and match nearly any outfit. And for some reason they work for a stretch of 3+ sizes. Zoe’s size 8s still fit so well even though she’s grown to a size 10. Worth the investment!
4. Jellycat Puppy $22.50 | This guy is just calling out for all the snuggles. A good bet for a go-to bed buddy or a friendly addition to an awesome stuffed animal collection. He’s on Ari’s list!
5. Mushroom Rattles $12.95 | Well they’re just so darn cute, right? Ari has always been partial to toys that make noise when shaken… and possibly a bit disappointed when he shakes and gets silence. Adorable, noisy rattles for the win!
6. HABA Horse Swing $135.55 | Isn’t this just terrific? You can’t beat an indoor swing…unless it is shaped like a horse. Giddy up, babies!
7. Little People Nativity Set $33.99 | What a great way to start telling the Christmas story to your little babe. Little People (and animals) have a been a big hit with both of my kiddos, so I give an enthusiastic thumbs up to this seasonal set.
8. Pom Pom Stripe Hat $16.95 | Because Santa.
9. Radio Flyer Push Wagon $69.99 | Learning to walk is definitely going to happen and this wagon has two hugely awesome features to make it safe for baby and the furniture– a resist feature and a bumper. Plus Radio Flyer is classic, high quality and super cute. Get that camera ready!
1. Personalized Camera $42 | 2. Memory Game $26 | 3. Personalized YoYo $6 | 4. Bowling Game $26 | 5. State Teether $12 | 6. Bow Teether $12
Hailing from Hunstville, Utah, Little Sapling Toys is less than 10 years old and it’s already the front runner in toy sales on Etsy. But what’s really cool about this shop is that it’s a family business focused on more than what they produce in their wood shop. Their concern for the health and vitality of the planet has inspired them to plant a tree for each toy sold. Having said that, they prioritize the quality of their materials and the developmental value of their toys for growing kiddos. Plus, they offer laser engraving so that you can personalize your gifts for an extra special touch.
I picked out some of my favorite toys and teethers in their shop, but there are literally dozens of adorable options and I insist you browse them all. There is a darling selection of teethers and rattles ready for your next baby shower, ride-on on toys and push cars for toddlers, and games for older kiddos.
Little Sapling Toys is offering Gifts with Bows readers a special 10% discount on an order from their Etsy shop until August 31, 2015. Use discount code GFTWBWS10 at checkout!
Play along on social media: Instagram | Pintrest | Facebook | YouTube | Etsy
Oh and FYI: this is not a sponsored post, and as always, all opinions are my own.
Today is a good day, friends! My dear friend Elle Hanna is on deck with super helpful mom-friendly review of Beautycounter’s Kidscounter line. Her darling boy, Tenney, shouldn’t be the only babe to benefit from Elle’s savvy. Put a few of these products in a gift basket the next time you shower a mama-to-be. OK, let’s hear from Elle:
:: Body Wash | Shampoo | Conditioner ::
Summer is (finally) just around the corner and that means longer days of building sand castles, and dirt-filled play sessions (as it should be)! Like most mom’s I worry that my little guy is playing with toys that are safe and non-toxic. I try to buy healthy organic foods to provide him with the fuel he needs to keep moving and exploring his world. I thought I was doing all I could to make the best choices for my family, and my budget. It never occurred to me that the soap I was using to wash the dirt away was potentially harmful. That’s when I came across Beautycounter’s Kidscounter line – Squeak Y Clean Body Wash, Nice Do Shampoo and Not A Knot Conditioner.
Beautycounter’s mission is to get safe products into the hands of everyone, and that includes kids. You won’t find any surfactants or artificial fragrances in their products. In fact Beautycounter has banned more than 1,500 ingredients opting instead to use antioxidant-rich ones like broccoli seed oil, carrot root and cranberry fruit extracts, and safflower oil for safe and effective cleaning power. These natural ingredients also make them very gentle on the eyes, which is good since my son rarely sits still, even in a bathtub. Also, the kid’s line is nut-free, gluten-free and vegan.
Finally, they make their safe products affordable enough to use on kids; in fact they are actually more affordable per bath than many other naturally-based brands.
We have so many choices to make as parents. For me, making sure the products I put on my son’s skin are as safe as the food he eats and the toys he plays with is simple. Want to learn more about BeautyCounter’s products? Read more here.
Elle’s Fast Facts
- Only about 10% of the 10,000 chemicals found in personal care products have safety data
- The FDA allows companies to use chemicals like lead, formaldehyde and phthalates in the products we put on our, and our kids bodies every day
- The EU has spent the last 20 years banning and restricting 1,300 ingredients and the US has only banned 11
And if you haven’t already– tomorrow, Friday the 22nd, is the last day to enter the Queen Bee Giveaway!
Your greenest girlfriend will adore these playful, recycled-cotton socks.
But truly, anyone who likes bright colors and cozy toes will love a pair!
(comes in colors and sizes for guys, littles, and babies, too)
Buy here for ~$20/pair
Note: Solmate Socks are made of pure whimsy and cheer! Marianne Wakerlin, aka the Socklady, has spent about a decade and a half imagining the most darling mismatched socks. She holds a serious commitment to protecting the environment, which is why GWB is so thrilled so show off her knitted goods in celebration of Earth Day. “Like” this small town Vermont company on Facebook to keep her company in mind when you’re buying gifts for your most mindful friends.
Citrus Lane caters to the age of the recipient, making this gift
perfect for baby shower or for a toddler on her birthday.
For 40% off your first box click here and use code TAKE40
Note: Citrus Lane provided quite a delightful afternoon for my lively 3 year old, Zoe, this past weekend. We opened the box on the back porch and she dove right in. As you can see from the pictures, she played with the Green Toys Build-a-Bouquet playset, made hand prints and drawings with Eco Kids Non-Toxic Natural Finger Paint, ate a snack size pouch of organic chocolate cookies by My Super Foods and listened along to book on CD while flipping through the lovely illustrations of If You’re Happy and you Know It by Anna McQuinn. After doing a little research I can happily confirm that I paid about a quarter of the price of these items when packaged together in a Citrus Lane box– and not a single item went unused by our young tester. I’d call that a win.
So how does this work as a gift? You can buy a subscription for the lucky kiddo or baby for 3, 6 or 12 months. Then, once the recipient (parent) gets the gift notice, she can enter the code into the “Redeem A Gift” section of the website. Citrus Lane will ask for the child’s birth date to ensure age appropriate picks. Don’t forget: for 40% off your first box click here and use code TAKE40 at check out.
Look familiar? This isn’t the first time you’ve seen Freshly Picked moccasins featured on Gifts with Bows, but it is the first time GWB is hosting a Freshly Picked GIVEAWAY! The event runs today through Friday, April 24th! One winner will be selected to receive a FREE pair of moccasins in any color and size (no fee to ship!). There are a wide range of styles for girl and boy babies and toddlers.
Enter with 3 quick steps:
1. “Like” GWB on Facebook
2. Then, write a comment on this GWB Facebook Post
3. Finally, share this GWB Facebook Post
Past actions count– for example, if you already “like” GWB on Facebook you are still eligible to participate. I will announce and contact the winner after Friday, April 24th on the blog.
***UPDATE: Congrats to our winner, Devora M.! ***
Freshly Picked by Susan Petersen features baby moccasins, totes and apparel. FP baby mocs aren’t just darling– they are molded for comfort and they actually stay on. Zoe is so blissfully happy to bounce around in her soft FP gold mocs and even refers to them as her “jumping shoes”- a necessity for her indoor trampoline. Freshly Picked is sponsoring this giveaway, but all opinions about their moccasins are my own.
Can’t wait? Buy here now for $60
All photos taken during a family brunch at Alto Cinco (definitely recommend the Tofu Scrambler, pictured below). Catch glimpses of Grandpa and Gigi (my parents) with Zoe and Ari. Zoe is wearing the gold moccasins c/o Freshly Picked.
Magnetic blocks? You can already picture their sweet little eyes widening.
Buy a 22 piece set here for $60 (Amazon PRIME)
Note: These magnetic blocks are as beautiful as they are fascinating. How do they get the magnets inside, anyways? Creators Chris and Will Haughey have done far more than design a toy set to inspire a child’s imagination, they have intentially grown and developed Tegu in Honduras to foster a positive social impact.They established a fully independent toy factory, pay employees a living wage, prioritize long-term career growth, and plant enough tress to fill a football field for every tree they use to harvest wood. If you’re wondering, that’s a ratio of 1:983. Plus, Tegu partners with a local school to support working families. Needless to say, giving Tegu as a gift is worlds away from giving any building block set.
What a lucky baby!
Bring this 100% wool felt mobile to your next baby shower for many ooos and ahhs
Or gift it to your own darling child or grandchild and let him look up in wonder at each soft and colorful detail
Buy here for $42
Note: My Sweet Muffin is one of the most adorable online stores for babies and kiddos I’ve ever see. They specialize in “unique, modern and luxurious baby items” and wow, check them out, because you will undoubtedly enjoy all of the preciousness. Follow along on their Facebook page to get special deals!
Know a 3-5 year old who runs and climbs and jumps? Well I bet he also stomps.
The energy charged kiddo in your life who delights when objects fly through the air will gleefully stomp away while the supervising adult will stand aside peacefully remarking that the light, foam rocket attachments cannot possibly hurt or damage any people or property in its path.
It’s a kid/adult win.
Wrap this up for your next kid birthday party and you’ll surely get Mom and Dad’s stomp, ahem, stamp of approval.
Buy here for $11.99